FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:28 am
boognish24

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, not much else anymore
12/12 fra - den ua 8878 / lh446

I was on the return leg of my business trip last Friday, FRA - DEN UA 8878 / LH446.

Had paper certificates overnighted to me since trip was booked within ~7 days of flight. Applied my DEN - FRA paper cert at checkin ~3 hours before and was fine, though it was a bit hectic.

Then the email came through that GPU certs would go electronic for LH. I was a bit worried since I already had a paper cert in hand and was already in Germany.

Was unable to use the website to apply certificate (maybe because I booked on the UA codeshare flight and not LH 446?)... Anyways, was hoping to get confirmed the night before when I arrived in Frankfurt, but just got a waitlist at checkin.

went back next AM first thing... still waitlist. Bummer, as I had wanted to use the first class terminal at FRA. I got upgraded at the gate around T-2, but I bet if I had waited any longer I would have lost it. I had been checking for days at there were 3 seats open in F, and that was the case even when checking in the night before, and first thing morning of the 12th (flight not til 1:30). When I finally got to gate it appeared I got the final F seat.

A lot of stress and confusion, but got the upgrade in the end.