FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do Canadians pay so much when it comes to flying?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:39 pm
zinneken

Programs: CX*G, AF*G; BA, UA
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
While I (obviously) agree that Canadians do pay more for air travel, I find your approach needlessly argumentative. FTs willingly answered your question and you respond by picking apart their arguments? In the alternative, why not use your next FT post to suggest ways Canucks can save $$$ on travel (as others have done!).

FT is all about sharing experiences. Try it, you will enjoy it more than arguing.

ps With 89 posts to date you have a ways to go!
Thanks for your suggestions Antonio8069. No offense, but, did you take the time to go through the specific examples/experiences given in this thread on how the world works in other places?

I like to use real world examples to try to illustrate a point, and am sorry if that seems argumentative for you.

Believe me, if there were offers or airlines to save in Canada on flights, I'd be "shouting" it out like a true "activist".

Originally Posted by 747FC
What is it about free enterprise that is so difficult for you to understand?
We seem to have different definitions on what free enterprise is and can achieve? I disagree with the Canadian market not being attractive enough. And the fare wars of successful (low cost) airlines do not have depressing profits to them. I agree the establishment would bleed of course.