FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do Canadians pay so much when it comes to flying?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:22 am
Antonio8069

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by zinneken
You highlight my point about mentality of strong belief in reasons not valid. Nothing to do with small population, I'm afraid you fail to see fares can drop exactly like in Europe, if there are too many people for you in Europe, see Iceland, or Norway, or so many other examples. And I do not think the greater Toronto area 5 million (like the whole of Norway) or Vancouver area 2.3 million is a few people which may wish to fly between those 2 locations or to other Canadian destinations for $100. The argument of "low" population or density is not a valid one, it is only one used to validate a continuation of the monopolists.
While I (obviously) agree that Canadians do pay more for air travel, I find your approach needlessly argumentative. FTs willingly answered your question and you respond by picking apart their arguments? In the alternative, why not use your next FT post to suggest ways Canucks can save $$$ on travel (as others have done!).

FT is all about sharing experiences. Try it, you will enjoy it more than arguing.

ps With 89 posts to date you have a ways to go!

Last edited by Antonio8069; Dec 14, 2014 at 5:24 am Reason: additional information