FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calling from India to US suggestions (Calling card?)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:32 pm
DiegoSan

Programs: AA PLAT
I know this might sound backwards but I call India almost every day......so I have a low cost system worked out with my contacts there. They call me and do a "missed call".....they let my phone ring once or twice then hang up. That way I know they called. Then I call them on MY calling plan which is IndiaLD.com

Sign up at IndiaLD.com........then first step: put the ExGF"s Indian cell phone number (India Country Code is 91) in the "Auto Dial" section at indiald.com...make a note of the US phone number that is assigned to her Indian number..this will be clear when you see the "Auto Dial" page

Second: enter the cell phone numbers of her most important US contacts who she wants to talk to in the "PINLESS DIAL" section. Then all they have to do is call the aforementioned assigned US number and bingo...they call her at 1.5 cents/minute which is like one eighth the cost of her calling the US from India. Again, if she wants to talk to a friend in the US she just sends a missed call (or just calls for a minute or two) and then they call HER back and chat for an hour for 90 cents!! Ask me questions if I didn't explain it well enough.