FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mahali Mzuri via CMB
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:28 am
m3red

Programs: Skywards Gold
So Colombo is not the worlds greatest city but we had fun at ministry of crab, a few too many drinks and I woke up the next day with a mouth tasting like the Sahara desert, my eyes sunken and having to check my passport to remember my name.

Today would be a long travel day, the airport was only 40 or so minutes from our hovel, I mean hotel. The airport is a funny place, saved by the excellent ek lounge. I'm not going to bore you with 2 4 hour business flights, suffice to say they are pretty uneventful except for the huge queue at transit security something I don't experience often as living in dubai I tend to go straight to the destination.

We arrived in Nairobi And I was feeling loads better helped by a few glasses of red (the excellent st julien) so when we arrived at out hotel for the night (ole serini) I was ready for a few Tuskers. No I don't learn.

The hotel was ok for a night, we had to go through airport style security to get in as is the norm in Kenya with the current unrest in the costal region near Somalia. We had arrived about 9pm and were due to leave at 6.30 so what else to do except have a beer or four. This was a bit of a mistake given the pollution, roads and the fact I would be taking a guy wrenching flight on a twin otter to Mara North!

The little otter

I got an extra leg room seat

So after one stop somewhere I've no clue where we finally arrived about an hour after take off. The girl to the right of me in front of my wife was throwing up and I was almost sympathy puking so I was relieved when we finally landed at mara north.

We were met by a driver from Mahali mzuri who had some champagne on ice ready! After a couple of glasses I felt much better and we were on our way to the camp. It took about 1.5 hours although he did drive very slowly as we saw lots if animals on the way - this was almost a game drive in itself.

Last edited by m3red; Dec 13, 2014 at 6:02 am