FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My seat assignment was changed
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:25 am
DomesticGoddess

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by justakiwi
Quote:

Originally Posted by yowtraveller13

a couple of weeks ago, I was boarding a morning flight from Auckland to Wellington. As my boarding card was scanned, it set off a buzzing noise and I was pulled aside. Told that my seat had been changed fro 2A to something towards the back of the plane I was not too pleased and expressed mild displeasure. The agent then very quietly explained that John Key was on the flight and wanted my seat. Couldn't really argue with that.... Sure enough, just before leaving the gate the PM along with an aide and a security guard boarded and all sat in row 2.

In that case, he should splash out for his own plane; I expect the Madoff family has a Lear Jet or two going cheap. If the London Underground is good enough for our future King, the back of the (Air)bus is good enough for Teflon John A lack of planning on his part shouldn't constitute a crisis on ours...

justakiwi
Without knowing the circumstances of this particular flight, often I would say it's more to do with the need to seat him with his DPS detail.

I fly between AKL and WLG several times a week and often see him in rows further back (pretty recently in about row 7 or 8).