FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:25 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
Originally Posted by llbad
I got a status match back in march to alaska mvp from united silver. It expires at the end of this month. If I had the extra 3 months time I would be able to easily make it back to mvp for next year, but I am now going to fall just short. Is there any way of getting a couple month extension so I can get a full year out of the match? If not I will probably just status match a new account, lol...
As far as I know AS does not extend matches. If you are a few hundred miles off you may want to call to see if they will give you a bump.
Not just that, but generally AS matches are 'once in a lifetime' so you used your match already. I'd just double down and fly a bit, 20K is easy in 3-4 days.