FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Create a Best Redemption Deals forum?
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:39 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you proposing to close the InfoDesk forum or to create a (possibly sticky) megathread there for cross comparison of redemption deals?
I am not proposing to close the Information Desk forum...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
FlyerTalk can be rather intimidating to use — especially to new members.

I agree with you that members should not be “conditioned to become lazy” — my words — in terms of where to properly post topics on FlyerTalk. I easily know where to post what on FlyerTalk; and I surmise that you do as well...

...but the primary purpose of the Information Desk forum is to welcome new members who might otherwise be too intimidated to post a question elsewhere on FlyerTalk; and they need a place to — shall we say — “get their feet wet” and become more familiar with the structure of FlyerTalk. The Information Desk forum seems to be a great place to start — along with the helpful moderators and members who regularly participate in that forum, volunteering their free time to assist fellow members of FlyerTalk.

Anyone who can think of a better way than the current Information Desk forum to acclimate new members to FlyerTalk is certainly welcome to post their thoughts here.
...but rather to go with the idea proposed here by nsx as highlighted by me:
Originally Posted by nsx
I'm thinking that the best approach is a hopefully long-lived thread in the Information Desk forum. I'll work on that some time during the next month or so.