FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting Kicked Out of SkyBonus - How Should I Redeem 113K Points?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:38 pm
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by donnak
I don't understand your complaint. You posted on this public forum that you were trying to sign up random travel buddies to use your sky bonus account which is prohibited. It sounds like your post was false so why did you post it here and then complain that Delta investigated? I would think that any company who had information that someone was scamming them, would be remiss if they didn't check it out. I also may be dense but don't understand the terms you used. "honeypot and GoogleFu"
Honeypot is an information security term for a trap designed to lure attackers so you can observe their behavior. For instance, companies will set up fake servers that they want people to try and breach, so they can secretly observe and learn from the techniques used and fortify their actual equipment. Same concept here - OP claims to have baited DL into searching for him so he could study their behavior.

Fu is skill. GoogleFu is skill at Googling.