FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:42 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by dcbfencing
I'm going through t3 on Thursday and t5 next Tuesday. Happy to pick up some codes for people if I can...
I would love one of these if possible - thanks so much for the offer. I'll be through LHR in Jan as well, so would be more than happy to do the same for others.

Originally Posted by N9931E
I've tried calling and emailing United, American and British Airways but no one seems to understand the exact program. To add more frustration even when using phrases like 'UK's version of global entry' and including the '.co.uk' URL, both United and American referred me to the TSA.

What are the magic words or departments people are using, or should I keep emailing/calling?
FYI, I wrote MP and requested an "invitation code for the UK Border Force's Registered Traveller Service". They did apparently understand what I meant, although it took them a week to respond and nevertheless it was unsuccessful - here is UA's reply:

Hello Mr. gengar,

Unfortunately, you’re not eligible for the UK Border Force program, because it was available only to a specific group of MileagePlus® members. This program is based according to our members’ geographic locations, flying patterns or other account activity.

Regards,

XXXXX XXXXX
MileagePlus® Lead Representative
Of course, I am eligible for the UK Border Force program (other than not having an invitation code) - UA just deems me ineligible to receive a code. What's baffling is that if the UK Border Force is leaving stacks of invitations at LHR, it's not like UA should have a limited supply of these or anything. I'm also glad that flying paid Global First to LHR dozens of times over the last few years doesn't qualify for an "eligible" "flying pattern[]". There is rarely a day on which I have an interaction with UA or hear news about UA that doesn't make me really glad I've discontinued my loyalty.

Originally Posted by pareto
I emailed the GGL team a couple of weeks ago without any luck. I emailed again yesterday and received a code from BA this morning. Just applied. It was quick! Looking forward to getting this. Should save me some time.
Still only BA Gold, but I will try e-mailing BA. Thanks for the tip.