FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Home Automation
Thread: Home Automation
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:45 pm
ScottC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
I know it's not applicable to tev9999's case, but if you already have a reasonably modern garage door opener and would like to add internet-based control and open/close alerting, you need only purchase the Chamberlain MYQ-G0201. It takes roughly 30 minutes for the hardware installation and software configuration, and (so far) has performed flawlessly for me. I can open or close the garage door via a phone app (or via the MyQ web site), view the status of the door at any time, and get alerts when it's opened or closed. It learns your opener's wireless code in the same way a new remote does, and connects to your home wifi network for app and web access.

It supports most garage door openers made in the last 15-20 years. I was very impressed with its ease of setup and operation.
That is the system I am using, but I'm waiting till the Linear interface is supported on my SmartThings so I can replace it. It has not been as reliable as it should be, and I have several emails from Chamberlain apologizing for downtime.