FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:15 am
crimson12

Happy, please read more carefully.

Originally Posted by Happy
If the rep could make the decision, you would be approved right on the phone, without being "recommended to approve". Clearly the system is telling the rep that your app requires FURTHER REVIEW by higher level.

You were told "recommended for approval" by the rep you talked to, so what is that you dont understand?
But upthread:

Originally Posted by crimson12
I was traveling, so wasn't really focused on this. A while later I called, they said I was DECLINED for the personal card. It turns out the person I spoke with could only "recommend" approval, not actually approve the card, and his "recommendation" was overruled. (I wasn't told this on the recon call.) Because I was traveling I missed the 30 day window and now I'm SOL unless I apply again.
And as to:

Originally Posted by Happy
And no, nobody has reported that s/he demanded to talk to someone who can actually make decision, Right on the Spot, versus accepted the fact that the first level recon rep could make a recommendation but not actual approval on the recon call. So you would be the pioneer to do that should you decide to pursuit, and please report back the final outcome.
Although I appreciate your snark, I'm sure you are well aware that people routinely ask to talk to supervisors, and get different answers from them than they do from front line CSRs.

Thanks for talking to me like I'm an idiot, though, that was really helpful.