FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important updates to Air Canada Altitude in 2015
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:38 pm
farabou

Programs: AC SE 100K, AA PLT, Fairmont PC Plat
Originally Posted by YYCYYZ
Not sure if it matters but I wanted to get it out there, that this isn't all just bluster and BS, I'm actually changing my spend habits.

I hit SE for 2015 on my last trip (I was at 85K prior) and just now booked my first Westjet tickets using my newly minted Gold status match (which they got me in 5 days I might add).

I'm pushing 100% of my remaining travel to WJ as I decide what I'm going to do next year.

So not that it matters in the least, but AC has lost a couple K of spending, where prior to this they would have been 100% guaranteed to get it.
Funny, I was actually just thinking the same.. not sure if it matters, as I may be in the lower SE bracket (140-150K/year, occasional J but mostly Flex / Latitude). But I have reached SE, and have since also changed my spending habits.. 20K went elsewhere already. It's like that 'loyalty' bond (or whatever it is) no longer operates.

Also, I used to be motivated a bit by the MM program to keep flying AC. But that does not seem to be worth it anymore.. or maybe I'm just feel that I just cannot count on whatever benefits the program offers now, as they may just evaporate up in the air..