FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Short Stay - Campton Place, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Fairmont
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:57 am
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I live in San Francisco, and can honestly say there is no one great hotel. Probably the best overall is the Four Seasons or the St Regis, but neither have the best location. Campton Place (Taj) is a very good location, but has its issues as the OP states. Mandarin Oriental has great views, but the location is in the financial district - great for business in that area, but not great for leisure. St Regis has a better restaurant and bar than Four Seasons, but neither are in the best location. Having said all of this we have some of the best restaurants in the world in my " prejudiced" opinion, and everything is just an "uber" away. So I would say do not stay in the fairmont. If you want to be close to shopping in union square, stay in the Taj Campton Place. If you are working in the financial district, stay in the MO. If location is not an issue try the St Regis or Four Seasons ( these are the two I would choose and have when we were remodeling). Ritz is not my favorite, but many like it. It is on Nob Hill. In any case all are adequate and just an " uber" away from SF's highlights which I believe are our wonderful restaurants, not our hotels! Just my humble opinion living here!