FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: Park Hyatt Sydney (wow!)
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:35 am
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I have stayed at this property several times. Most recently just after Christmas last year which was my first time post renovation. We had a deluxe opera room which was large ( like a jr suite) and had a terrific view with double balconies. We loved the room, but we were on holiday. I have stayed here pre renovation a couple of times for business and is not the best location. Although nothing is very far, other hotels though inferior are better located.

We had very good luck with the service, but have friends there so really did not use the hotel to book anything. Also did not eat there except breakfast. Did the restaurant breakfast one day and did not like at all. Much preferred room service breakfast. Too many people in the breakfast room and service was not great, but then I always prefer room service for breakfast!

NY Banker is tight! The IC would be a much better location for NYE fireworks although we were not in Sydney.

Bottom line is I really like the Park Hyatt should you get the "right" room, but if not, the price us a bit over the top!