FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:56 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
MKE TSOs not happy today

Flew from MKE on second part of three-part trip. First part I got PreCheck. Today I didn't. Don't know why TSA thinks I was less of a danger on Friday, and today am a likely terrorist, but that's the way the agency doesn't work.

Anyway, I opt out at MKE. TSO guarding WTMD tries to tell me about no X-rays, patdown will touch my private parts, etc. I told him I didn't care, I was not going into their machine. He got testy with me because I didn't want to hear his "spiel."

TSO comes to get me within one minute. He tells me not touch anything; I replied, "yeah, I know, I'm a dangerous person today according to the TSA." He didn't like that comment, but a fellow pax snickered near us. He gathered my things (missed one item that I'd told him was mine, and tried to take someone else's as mine).

Walked over to "examination" table. Asks me if I have things in my pockets. I show him that I'm holding my ID and BP; he says they have to go into a bin. By this point, a 2-striper is already watching us. I refuse; she (2-striper) says I have to do it. Again, I refuse, saying I will not relinquish them. She says the TSO has to see my hands; I show them to her and him. She says to show the TSO the ID and BP; I did, while telling them that this had already been done at the front checkin.

Then asked if I have sensitive/painful areas; I say "genitals." 2-striper then gets on radio -- I figure this is going to get interesting. She calls another 2-striper (male) over and tells him to watch and then she walks away.

Patdown was mild compared to bad ones I have had. Test comes back negative (good thing the machines don't always fail). I then shake my head and mutter, "what a joke." The new male 2-striper leans toward me and asks if I'm alright. I replied, "no". He says, is there anything they can do. I paused for a second, looked at him, and said, "What I want you to do, you can't do." He freezes for a few seconds, then walks away.

Another day in the life of stupidity and unconstitutionality.

Two interesting sidenotes. One female pax opted out just before me. And two passengers asked the TSO who did my patdown what had happened; apparently, they've never seen such a thing before. He told them that I'd opted out; I heard one of them say, "oh, I didn't know you could do that."