FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:26 am
mikeyyz

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by crosscountry58S
IAD-LAX matched up with what I've seen recently posted here for similar transcons. Choice of ravioli or chicken and rice. Neither as impressive as the STT-IAD leg but still very edible. Sundae with choice of chocolate, caramel or strawberry followed.
I just flew EWR-LAX and as an AC elite, I will never complain again about AC domestic J meals.

First of all, two choices (and only one meat/fish) on such a long flight is not impressive. AC offers at least three, usually four on the longest domestic flights (chicken/beef/salmon/pasta)

Second, the chicken was really boring and bland. A little tomato sauce cup made a little difference. The salad was also unimaginative. A little effort is needed here - Air Canada invests probably 50 cents in some real parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes to spice it up.

I was also quite disappointed that I couldn't request a special meal with a paid J ticket with two 5+ hour flights. I'm lactose intolerant and if the chicken had run out cheese ravioli as the other option would have meant no food for me.

If they are going to stick with just two meal options they should implement a AA-esque pre-order system to make sure people get their choice.

The one thing UA has over AC is choosing your own drink upon boarding. That's nice.