FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho (left IHG)
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
I'm not sure I understand? Isn't the advance purchased rate prepaid? If the rate went down I would not expect to be able to amend the booking to get the lower rate?
Yes you are half right. Some Advance Booking Rate have the cancellation deadline (thus not prepaid). Some Advance Booking Rate can not be cancelled but you can still modify the rate (the rate condition either say Can not be cancelled or can not be modified).

But that is not the point. The point is
1>, if I can modify the rate online and get IHg confirmation for updated rate, such rate should be hornored.
2>, It is up to the hotel to be customer friendly or not, and in turn it is my choice whether I will go back or not
3>, A hotel to lower the Advance Purchase Rate within 30 days of arrival is, IMO, bad revenue management. I think hotel has all the rights to change rate T45 and T60. But after T30 that is not correct.
4>, In this case, 3 other hotels have demonstrated excellence customer care in similar situation
5>, The hotel should issue the bill in old rate, if the invoice shows the new rate, they should hornour the new rate rather than add the difference to force me pay the original rate.