FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:36 pm
crosscountry58S

Programs: UA Silver
STT-IAD-LAX - 12/3

Even though it was billed as a snack (and it was a 2:30pm) departure, we were offered the choice of hot turkey and cheese sandwich or southwestern chicken salad on the STT-IAD leg. Wife had the sandwich, I had the salad. Very impressed with both. Good quality greens on the salad and chicken was also perfectly decent. We also both enjoyed the tortilla/corn chowder soup that has been discussed at some length. If you don't like spicy, you won't like it. But if you do, you will. We did. Delicious warm chocolate chip cookie followed. I remember a time when UA served these throughout the aircraft on a transcon.

IAD-LAX matched up with what I've seen recently posted here for similar transcons. Choice of ravioli or chicken and rice. Neither as impressive as the STT-IAD leg but still very edible. Sundae with choice of chocolate, caramel or strawberry followed.

This was my first time sitting up front in quite some time, so I don't have the same perspective many of you do, but I was very satisfied with both the food and the service on both these legs.