FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Flight to Anchorage using multi-city option
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:03 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by vandykes44
I called American this morning I walked through the itinerary with an agent. She agreed that it didn't break any rules and couldn't say why it priced the award as high as it did. She told me to reserve and hold the segments online and then call them back to have the award repriced correctly. Hopefully, that will work.
When you build an award itinerary using multi-city, aa.com will automatically price each segment separately, whether it should be one award or not. So even a simple itinerary such as LGA-DFW-LAX with a 1 hr. connection would price as 12.5k + 12.5k if built using multi-city.

What the AAgent suggested should work, I've done similar things several times when aa.com couldn't price the award correctly.

Another options is to find one of the other dates where aa.com offers GRR-DFW-SEA-ANC correctly as a single award, and put that on hold. Then call and switch to your preferred date. That way, there's no question about what the award price should be.