FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not as Great as the Hype
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:20 am
SQueeze

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I travel frequently on SQ in Y. I only do so as it is a convenient schedule. The main thing I like is most of the flights are half full which gives me room to stretch. Walking through J the product is average. The lounges are average, EK lounges a far superior. The frequent flyer program is one of the worst out there. Op ups are virtually non existent. I have had occasion to fly AC J and found it good, I have flown Emirates J and love it, I have flown Air China J and thought it very average. The reality is Singapore J is nothing special in hardware and lots of the ancilliaries are only average for what is a premium priced product.
Originally Posted by SQ325
No i cant. I still need to sit down, sleep on it etc. to get a feeling.

You clearly never mentioned it. Now i don't buy it. Sorry.

Then you should know it better. Most of above mentioned airlines having quite a variety of C-configurations, good ones and bad ones. Some of above Asian airlines are having also a regional C similar to the offering of SQ.

That SQs Regional C is not the best product in the industry, i agree. But it is a solid product that at least matches most competitions product.
SQs Long Haul C is IMHO unbeatable and certainly my preference.

Germans literally call LHs C-seat "slide", this seat is certainly not any better than SQs REGIONAL product.

Here we are again
Geminidreams's idea of unfriendly SQ seat is likely to be the regional C since his/her route is mainly BNE-SIN-PEK. This product , I agree, is not trendsetting.

Of all the airlines listed for comparison, yes, to much extent I agree that SQ Regional J is on par or even under some of those. For example, I think TK has better seats and the food is way way way more superb. In fact, I also still prefer AI J over SQ Regional J.

except for EK. EK's 2-3-2 is no way equal to or better than SQ's Regional J. I still cannot grasp why people compare EK with SQ in any of the cabins except First Class. Even I would rather be on 2-2-2 recliners rather than on stagger seats, let alone the 2-3-2. Every time I think of EK, I envision a big bus shuttling masses across continents. Every time I see EK flight arriving before me, gasp, I better rush to immigration before the massive queue building up. I don't envision/associate luxury or comfort with EK. It's a massive people mover with rock bottom prices. And yes, they have their own market and it's different than SQ's.

And the DXB business class lounge???? Far superior? Yes, in terms of size and brightness. But I thought it's big, sprawling, bright and crowded like a bus station. I don't associate it with luxury. I much prefer SQ's Terminal 3 SilverKris J class lounge anytime - much more calming and relaxing even when it's full.

And one should only judge and rank seats after the experience, not by walking through the cabin.

Mine (only tried and tested) is

J class: SQ (l.h)> TK > 9W > BR > AI > SQ (Reg) > TG > VN > LH > CM > EK
F class: SQ (suites) > LH (744) > SQ (77W) > TG > JJ (old)

Difference between SQ (l.h) and TK is massive.
Difference between SQ (suites) and LH (744) is borderline thin.

Last edited by SQueeze; Dec 6, 2014 at 1:06 am