FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Account Hacked / Reports of Fraudulent Award Travel Redemption
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:44 pm
katstarr

Originally Posted by jonesle7
By chance I happened to log into my United account today and I discovered that someone changed my email address on my account and on Thanksgiving day that person placed 5 separate gift card orders totaling 82,500 miles.

I called and got no where with United or mileage plus customer service. I was eventually told to email [email protected], which I did.

I subsequently changes my email address back and changed my password and changed my pin.

I searched for gift cards in this thread and did not find out whether or not anyone else that had this happen to them ultimately received a refund. I'm afraid that I have lost these miles. It stinks that no one at United will even talk to you about it. It would be nice if someone could try to cancel the gift cards. Hackers and thieves suck.

I still have the name and phone number for the person in corporate security that I dealt with. I'll direct message you, or you can email me directly at [email protected]. I so hope I can help you.