FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longhaul EuroWings will start ops in Winter2015-16
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:55 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Nothing motivates staff more than having lower pay on a higher density aircraft.... 5* are guaranteed
LH shouldn't just try to get 5*, they should go for no less than 6, no, 7*..

Überholen ohne einzuholen

Seriously, I don't know what LH's management plans really are, but they have announced SO MUCH in the past years, and yet achieved so little (apart from scaring away former loyal customers) one should wonder if they aren't all secretly sent by EK or QR Their whole plans are all so much of a clutter**** it's impossible for me to see them working out..

Having a few long haul planes Ex-CGN to compete with the ME3, really? Having a 4U with a cost base still much higher than Ryan&Easy to compete against those on pricing, really? Having totally watered down the LH brand, yet somehow wanting to play in the QR category? It goes on..

Based in DACH, I'll still be booking LH group when they're offering me best price / best value, but the times where loyalty was a two-way thing are clearly over.

Building up a small charter airline to operate point to point, is that really the solution Herr Spohr?

When did LH took over LX, and OS? And still till today, their systems are not working together at all (in bad days, even hostile against each other)

Such things as making the whole group running on the same platform should have been #1 on the list in the very day LX got bought. Also, fleet management, same here, LH seems to enjoy buying every single existing plane on this planet. Wonder when they'll buy some Superjets or Comac's..

Yes, they want to reduce their different fleet types (and then announcing that LX will get 5 777's, to add to their 330's and 340's.. yes, they want to run all of them at the same time.. - wonder if they couldn't maybe squeeze in a 747-8 or two.. )

The whole LH group seems to have no centralized strategy. Build here something, cancel there, upgrade this, downsize that..

The departments often seems to work against each other, as least that's the impression from outside..

I don't have much hope for LH at the current situation.. sure, with the economy doing well and fuel prices being low (they obviously keep the fuel surcharge aka international surcharge up..) they will still make some profits, but in the long run? I don't see LH being more successful than the likes of Air France (which they seem to copy from a lot more recently regarding FFP downgrade and strikes..) - which aren't..

So, it will be a slow and painful death..

Funnily enough, AB, which many had seen death for a long time, is probably the biggest winner from the whole disaster LH is running in..