FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:18 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by xzhang1
Just called Lufthansa hoping to clarify details for an upcoming flight. First person I reached did not speak English, not usually a problem with LH, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me. Called back. Second LH rep point blank told me they are experiencing extremely high call volume right now due to the strike and that he is unable to help me.

So at a time when your customers are extremely dissatisfied with your flights and adversely impacted by your pilots' strikes, Lufthansa, you are offering worse service than ever? That's sure to be a successful business model. LH is difficult to avoid to/from Germany, but we're going to try starting in 2015. Several German friends have switched to BA - we've been unwilling to connect through London until now, but this option is looking better and better! We have family in the UK, will be a nice excuse to visit them. Our loyalty to LH has meant nothing and is harder to defend every year.

tl;dr - don't bother calling lufthansa right now, they are too busy to talk to paying customers.

Dear xzhang1,

first and foremost I would like to express that your loyalty to Lufthansa is appreciated. With the recent labour action the Service Centers were indeed difficult to be reached – my sincerest apologies for that. The agents were trying their best to assist as many callers as possible. I do not have any explanation why the call was disconnected. May I kindly request that you please try to call my colleagues again in order to clarify the details of your up-coming flight. I am sure that your enquiry will be handled to your satisfaction and hope that we will be able to welcome on board again in the coming year.

Best regards,
Isabell