FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Short Stay - Campton Place, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Fairmont
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:42 pm
jordyn

Originally Posted by deathscar
Mandarin Oriental - Premier Bay to Bay Room

Positives:
The pick of the bunch for everything. Equal with Taj for service, and ahead of all for everything else.
Admittedly, while I was also in a higher room category, this was a gorgeous room - clean, modern decor with a neutral colour palette
That view
Room size (again, relates to the above regarding room category) - however, it's worth noting that although its only 50 sq ft more than the room at the Ritz Carlton, this one felt far more spacious/bigger.
The service, as mentioned above. Fantastic, very pleased.

Negatives:
The bathroom design/tone/colours - apparently a remnant of the old design. In itself, not the worst, but it just doesn't fit into the rest of the room.
Although I think the MO might be the top of the heap in SF (haven't checked out the St. Regis yet, although it sounds like I probably should), I don't think you can put together a list of negatives without mentioning the lobby and the restaurant. The lobby as a whole feels really small/cramped, and the placement of the restaurant feels really awkward in the space--definitely not luxurious.

While I'm here I'll add a quick assessment of the Four Seasons.

Positives:
- Rooms are modern and well maintained, if a bit generic.
- I like the location; pretty convenient to Union Square, the convention center and the financial district, as well as public transit (and car access is pretty good too).
- The attached Equinox gym is a lot better than most gyms.

Negatives:
- Service is friendly, but somewhat uneven. Just an example: one day managed to miss both "morning" and turndown service in the room by putting up a do not disturb sign for less than three hours (~3 PM - ~6 PM).
- Weird "spa in the Equinox gym that happens to be in the same building" setup.
- Restaurant is not great (not bad, but
- No complimentary Internet. In San Francisco? Ridiculous.

Last edited by jordyn; Dec 5, 2014 at 10:13 pm Reason: Formatting