FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Close the Information desk forum
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:18 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Hey, you can't close it. Where would I go for my laugh of the day?

Seriously, most of those people read on a blog that they could travel for "free" and don't even know where to start or what to ask. Some are completely clueless - all they know is they want to travel for free.

I never thought the forum belong on FT to start with, and as the credit card deals go away, and the MS dries up more than it already has, I suspect it won't be nearly as busy.

ETA: Just today someone posted asking for a FTer to spread some holiday joy and assist him getting from his school to another city during the holiday break. Seriously? Is this what we want to encourage? IMHO, he was looking for a freebie, not advice.
Who says we're encouraging such behavior? The forum doesn't make these posts, they've been around as long as I've been on Flyertalk (so 11 years before the forum if I can still do math). Closing the forum won't make these posts go away, they'll just end up back in Miles Buzz! or Travel Buzz! Or Community or any number of other forums.