FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to free WiFi Elite benefit
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:16 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

We provide Gold and Diamond members at all of our hotels that do not require a resort charge complimentary standard internet. We've added a paid premium tier for those who require more bandwidth to download large files and stream high definition media. The price for Premium Internet access will vary by property.

We expect that guests should be able to access VPN using all levels of internet service, however Premium access would likely provide an optimal user experience because of the volume of data that is transmitted via VPN and other similar applications.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Erin
How disappointing that elites are now relegated to standard slow internet for email and basic web browsing only. I thought things had changed recently as I FaceTime with my wife every night and the last month or so it barely works if at all when before was no problem on the complimentary internet. I also noticed on my last stay that if I sign in with my HHonors login I go to a page to have to pay instead of directly to the internet so if want complimentary have to use the hotel code which seems to give the slow old dial up speeds. Yet another reduction in benefits.