FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:32 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bmr12
Credit will only be granted if you post the passive-aggressive letter for us to enjoy.
Okay!

For as long as I can remember, pre- and post-merger, United was gracious enough to extend the expiration date on a few Global Upgrades. This has occurred annually, usually in November, as long as the member had requalified for 1K.

<snip>

I'd really like to know what's going on. I just saw that after one year of a $10,000 spend requirement for 1K, you've already moved the goalposts for next year, an inflation of 20% to $12,000...At that time, you talked about bring more 'value' to your 'most important' customers. I see more and more requirements from us flyers, and continued cuts to the 1K program--no more Global Entry reimbursement, changes to award rules, 'complimentary' upgrades are but a myth anymore...and perhaps another cut if we're not able to extend some GPUs for the first time in, well...A long time.

<snip>

If it is your intent to not extend upgrades, please let me know...At least be honest about it! I appreciate your consideration in this matter, and hope you'll consider keeping at least a few 'flyer friendly' benefits for your 1K flyers.