View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:33 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there any point in trying to discuss the features we most want in chat, other than it being reliably functional, or has IB already made those decisions?
Unless they are creating their own chat app (which I really doubt, since that's a lot of hard work and generally not worth it), they will get an off-the-shelf product like the Envolve product was. Envolve was really simple -- there weren't even emojis! -- and that wasn't a bad thing. As for other options though, the usual case is that the fewer options it has, the cheaper it will be, and the lower the likelihood of something going wrong.

If FT wants to make the IRC room Ripper3785 came up with a final solution and make him the impromptu chat operator, I wouldn't mind that... although a permanent ban function would be greatly appreciated (some of you know what I'm talking about ).

Originally Posted by JDiver
This thread documents and discusses issues with the Chat that no longer is in use as of late November 2014.
Not to nitpick, but it's been down since October 1st @:-)

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Dec 3, 2014 at 7:37 pm