FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Greek island for 1-2 day visit in Feb
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:18 am
KLouis

Originally Posted by kmandrew
We are planning a similiar trip for May of 2016. We will fly into Athens and home from Instanbul around 15 days later. I have plenty of Hilton points to use so hotels in these 2 cities will not be a problem. I would love some advice on the middle 10 days, we would prefer to take ferries over flying and would of course like to stay at Hilton properties as much as possible to save money. We don't mind changing hotels every 2/3 days so 3 stops between Athens and Instanbul would be about right. This might be a question better suited to the Hilton forum but I would think posters here are pretty knowledgable about Hilton choices?

Thanks
I'll have to disappoint you a first time: I am not aware of any Hiltons between Athens and Istanbul, on either continent or island.

And now a second time: Using a ferry to get from Athens (Piraeus, Rafina, Lavrio) is not possible. You could get a very going to one of the North Aegean islands (Lesbos, Samos, Limnos, etc.) but then you'd have to eventually get to either Kavala or Alexandroupolis and continue by car.

And a good piece of news. You'll be able to find several good and affordable hotels throughout Greece in May. This is not yet the high season.