FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:29 am
geirfugl
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cello
Could you please elaborate on that a bit more? So following your scenario I have to queue at the hotel desk and then ask for the available hotels / pick whatever I fancy from the ones mentioned in this thread, then tell them that I don't need a transfer and I would be given the voucher immediately/won't have to wait for the van?

I will be using the service twice - first time just for overnight stay to get on a plane the following morning (I'd like to stay close to the airport). Second time on the way back, with overnight stay and late afternoon connection (I'd like to stay as close to the historic center as possible). Are there any hotels that you'd recommend for those two options?
Yes. They give you a voucher to give to the hotel and basically send you on your way,obviously there has to be availability at the hotel,but,thats it. For staying at the airport the Wyndham is good,its very close,but there is absolutely nothing,except a small shopping center around it,the Radisson is also very close,but not so good (a bit run down,its the worst hotel Ive ever been given,but I think it has a indoor pool). They both give you a nice breakfast bufet.For the historic center,Im not sure which hotels they use as it does not realy interest me.I think there is a Hilton they use thats at least close to the Sulthanahmet/Kapali carsi area,but I would think that they would tend to use hotels closer to Taksim(more chain hotels),the Sulthanahmet area is sort of "boutique hotel-land".