FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:13 pm
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by offerendum
Louis Jacob is a fine hotel, but for me location is an issue. I never tried Park Hyatt but always think about it. But I always end at Vier Jahreszeiten, perhaps next time.
Hamburg is (sort of) my home town. This is why I have an issue with the hotels there. As a (sort of) native of Harvestehude the 4JZ should appeal, but it never really has (the lobby and bar excepted). I've stayed many times in the 90s and early 2000s but wanted it to be more special. In 2004 I discovered the LCJ, and, as a great fan of the Elbvororten, I love the hotel. There is a great local Italian restaurant in Nienstedten and the bar at the hotel, especially in the summer, is just the best place to be. Most of my meetings are not in offices, so people are happy to come to see me. The LCJ works.

The Park Hyatt is a recent discovery (maybe two years ago). I don't really like the Mönckebergstraße side of the Alster too much. You can find that stuff anywhere. But the PH is a good hotel, with very Hanseatic rooms, in a good location, if you want/need to be in that part of HH. I'm interested to try the long stay/budget concept of Jost Dietmar, the MD of the LCJ, also on Bugenhagenstraße (I forget the name).