FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New upgrades to Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:45 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
Note that should you wish to upgrade one segment of an itinerary into Business Class, and another segment into Premium Economy, you will need to make two separate upgrade requests and the requirements for these two requests will be assessed separately.
So if I'm flying, for example, SFO-YYZ-DUB, I have to do two separate requests, and end up paying 15 credits for SFO-YYZ (Y to J), and then 13 for YYZ-DUB (Y to PE), for a total of 28, whereas if YYZ-DUB had a J cabin, I would only pay 21 total?

Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
For eUpgrade requests into Business Class, you will also now have the ability to sit in the Premium Economy cabin, depending on availability, should your original request for an upgrade to Business Class not clear at time of departure.
Can you elaborate on the priority and how all this will work? Does someone waitlisted for J have priority over someone waitlisted for PE for the PE cabin?

An issue I see is that if there is no R availability, but there is PE upgrade availability (by the way, what's the fare class for PE upgrades), I waitlist for J, someone else confirms a PE upgrade, and then both cabins are full at the gate. Now I get to sit in Y because I wanted J, but would have been happy with PE.

Or can you confirm an upgrade to PE and still waitlist for J?

Originally Posted by gcashin
Thanks for the info. Are there any plans for a similar approach for Premium rouge on flights within North America or Sun Destinations?

In many cases, the level of service on Premium rouge doesn't justify the same number of eUpgrade credits as a mainline upgrade, especially with the 2015 increases (particularly on the 319's with the blocked middle seat). Any plans for a separate grid for Premium rouge upgrades for North America flights?
Premium rouge in North America is treated as J. The level of service is supposed to be identical to mainline, just with worse seats.