FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:11 am
Dizcards

Originally Posted by jaewang
Agree! You just detailed out your personal cost, which is YMMV person to person. Regardless the liquidation method used (buying MOs or loading BB/Serve), the base cost is higher when comparing Simon vs Staples.

The spreadsheet is meant for newbies that want to buy $500 VGCs. Higher value GCs do not always translate to cost saving.
A few people tried to give me sh!t when I tabled out my particular situation during my learning mode...but when all's said and done, how I MS is by far the best situation for me, and that's what you have to remember...it'll be different for everyone. Just filter past the nonsense that some of these posters with "mightier than thou" attitudes spew because they think their way is better, and you'll be fine. The vast majority do provide info that will help you determine what will work best for you, and why.

What prompted me to post this is that I'm one of those with an Ink biz card...multiple, actually. And I only have 1 Serve card, by choice. I have multiple OSS's nearby that don't have a problem selling me 25 $200 VGC's in a single trip. I also have a fully functioning Kate that is literally right next door to my gym. I will gladly take the accumulation of 25,868 UR points/month at $0.00672/point with relative ease using these VGC's because all other avenues require much more work, or are beyond my comfort level.