FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:16 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I can't answer to the connecting room question. I know from other posters and from photos I've seen of rooms that there are some connecting rooms, but not sure if any connect to a suite.

However, unless a connecting room is your top priority, and you say it is not, I would not recommend requesting that. As a Diamond using a DSU there is a moderately good chance that you will be upgraded from the Park Suite to an Executive Suite, especially if your email the hotel and ask for a suite on the Rue de la Paix side. If you request a connecting room and such a thing is available, it would severely limit your chances of further upgrade.

Of course, there is no guarantee that you will get the further upgrade (unless you request it in advance and pay the difference above the Park Suite), but if you did, I'm sure you would rather have that than the Park Suite, especially if your in-laws (or anyone else for that matter) are with you. The separate living area make a pretty big difference.
Agree the more you "muddy" the waters the less chance you will get. Take your upgrade then politely ask at check in. The less demanding one is there the better. Diamond Paul is the guest service manager he's great