FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not as Great as the Hype
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:35 pm
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Wings100
Yes, I asked for earplugs and they did not have any. The bottles of open cream, etc in the lav looked disgusting and the lav (both of them) smelled like sewage. Not that AC is better...it clearly is not. The crew and food on SQ superior to AC.
Hmm, you must have been super, super unlucky.

I can't say that I have ever seen a disgusting looking lotion bottle in the toilets and neither were they dirty or very bad smelling on SQ (unless you just happen to go immediately after someone who you know ... stunk up the place ).

Actually, in my experience the toilets on SQ flights are some of the best maintained and well kept ones on most international carriers. I commend the SQ crews for that as some passengers are really plain "gross" in what they do in there .

Service overall I'm also fine with. Yes maybe not as special and stellar as 7-10 years ago, but usually consistently good. Other carriers have caught up though and of course for the (often) premium prices SQ charges expectations do increase vastly.

YMMV.