FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Close the Information desk forum
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:33 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by goalie
Don't look at me as I voted no when serving on TalkBoard and I agree with the reasons stated above-and especially threads which (by title reference) should have been posted in the proper airline or hotel forum in the first place [and ask the Information Desk forum moderators is they're sick of me yet for reporting such threads ]
Not sick of you yet. And if we're not sick of you by now, I don't think we'll ever be. You'll have to work harder to get on our bad side.

Info Desk has a long way to go. I was hopeful that more people would step up to the plate and volunteer to help build resources such as how-to wikis and other things. I don't know if the glacially-slow forward movement on that is because people don't want to volunteer their time, don't know that they can help, don't know how they can help, or simply don't even know the forum exists, but I am eternally optimistic that, over time, it will coalesce into a very deep and helpful resource.

For now, though, I think we do a good job of pointing people in the right direction, at least, on where to get their queries best answered. And that was the intent of the forum in the beginning.

Moderation-wise, the IB folks have told me that some new tools that will GREATLY help with moderation in the forum should be coming online soon.

Also, we still do plan to build out some better "How to use FlyerTalk"-type tools. Canarsie has put together some sample videos on how to use various features of FlyerTalk and maximize your experience with the community and the forum software, and we look forward to working with him and others to roll some things like that out in the future.

If Info Desk is closed, where will resources like that go?