FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:44 am
othermike27

Originally Posted by tmiw
Chase replaced the card without me asking due to the Home Depot breach. The text that I got from them when PayPal charged the card (several days after I activated the new one) referenced the old last 4 digits of the card and not the new digits, which makes me think they actually charged the old card.
Interesting. My CSP was also replaced because of the HD mega-breach. Within a day or two of receiving notice that a new card would be on the way, the online account showed the last 4 digits of the new number, although I didn't learn the full number until the replacement cards came about a week later. And we continued to use the old cards until the new ones came. Somewhere in there, Chase also sent a reminder to update recurring payment arrangements. (Since we use the CSP cards heavily, I put recurring payments on other cards to minimize the potential nuisance of card number changes, whether planned or not.)