FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MVP: Bye Delta? Miles now based on fare class.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:36 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Any one who stops by this site occassionally knows there were likely to be big changes in the AS/DL "partnership" in 2015. If you booked DL flights into 2015 you had to know there was a chance of changes or even of the "partnership" ending. I have not flown DL since they did their last "enhancement".
+1....yeah, this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here on FT....it would have been more of surprise had everything stayed status quo....the lost of the baggage benefit drove me away from DL and the fact that it was so much easier (and less $$) to just earn MVPG on AS metal since it was only 40K instead of 50K and I could use the companion vouchers to bring my cpm down to a reasonable level....and let's not forget DEQM this year Even though DL has quite a few flights out of PDX, so does AS and QX so I just stuck with AS/QX metal and did just fine....sticking with all AS metal this year was a good strategy