FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REPORT: Washington DC Hotels Part 1
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by LM225
FlyingDoctorWu stays here more often than I do (and his recommendation was the reason I tried it again), so perhaps he can add something here, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Not much to add except for PH is really the value choice in DC. It's always much much less expensive than the FS. I really prefer the FS location as it's in the hart of Georgetown but the PH's has grown on me.. I'like being able to walk to Dupont Circle, where my two favorite restaurants in DC are (Obelisk and Sushi Taro). The suites are quite nice at the FS, but I actually prefer the Park Exec to the Ambassador Suite... The Ambassador suite is very long and narrow. The hard product at the PH is probably on par with the FS;but don't book the lead in room. They are quite small and feature a shower over tub combo. I think that Virtuoso bookings for 2014 included an upgrade at time of booking; I'm not sure about 2015...

And yes, the Blue Duck is quite a good restaurant. We had reservations at Rasika (another good restaurant that's not too far away) and canceled them to eat in.

FS gets the nod for spa/leisure facilities but I did appreciate the ability to borrow a bike. FS also gets the nod for service but that's to be expected because in my mind FS>>>>>PH....

FDW