FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:01 pm
dtwdoc

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
At the Andaz right now - received a complimentary diamond upgrade form a standard King to a view King which overlooks 5th Avenue and the NY Public Library. Keep in mind it is Thanksgiving weekend and during check in the hotel was at near capacity. As previously mentioned, there is some decent noise from 5th avenue, however it has not bothered us at all, although we are biased as we grew up in NYC.

Room is very nice - modern with clean lines. Service is great. Complimentary wine from 6pm - 9pm in the lobby is def a nice touch.

$75 breakfast credit per day which is borderline considering NYC pricing. For example, My eggs ($20) with a side of bacon ($8), my wife's omelette ($23) with a side of fresh fruit ($13), two coffees for me ($10), a coffee for her ($5), and a glass of orange juice for me ($8), easily surpassed the allotted amount. We'll see if the total bill is taken off or if we are charged for anything in excess. Point is, for those expecting lavish multi-course breakfasts, or those interested in feeding more than two, please expect to pay. That said, the food is quite good.

Went to the 'Bar Downstairs' a couple nights ago for tapas and drinks. Food was good as were the drinks. Def a cool scene.

Overall, one of my favorite places to stay in the city, especially during the holidays given its proximity to major attractions.