FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:25 am
GNVGator

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Joe1690
Thanks! I bit the bullet and will be flying tomorrow.

I didn't really want to spend the money initially but after reading the terrible reviews on the 787 World Traveller class seats which are supposedly 16.9", I just couldn't bear to endure that torture on this flight. Coming over on the 777 was okay but not as comfortable as USAirways A330 because the seat is about 0.5 inches smaller but 16.9" is just insane for a 7 hour flight.

It most definitely did book into BA's award class which was scary as you mentioned. However, after reading the terms & conditions which specifically stated that British Airways members would earn miles for the upgraded fare class and noting that both British Airways and the USAirways website detailing eligible fare classes are the same, I bit the bullet figuring that British Airways would at least report the original fare class, and more than likely would report a World Traveller Plus fare class that is eligible for bonus points. I will let everyone know how things turn out as soon as the miles post to USAirways.
Any update Joe? I have another cash upgrade offer pending, waiting to see if you get the COS...Didn't know about the 16.9 that's insane. Especially since the 787 was built specifically for the "long/thin flights".

Go Gators