FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA short haul product vs. the LCCs
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:21 am
Dicksbits

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
- It's still cheaper for London dwellers to get out to LHR via Tube than any of the expensive train journeys to the LCC hubs (e.g. Stansted at a ridiculous £30, LHR by tube is about £6 rtn).

- BA service short haul service is better than Ryanair which usually involve tired crews who sometimes aren't very friendly. I remember a flight a year or so ago in which I was flying to Krakow with Ryanair from STN. The CC at the front of the plane looked shattered and it was only 08:40 (I was on row 1). One of them had a convo with his counterpart at the back of the plane via phone and clearly didn't understand what they were saying, and had to call back to confirm. In an emergency I can't say I would be that confident in them.

- If you are left stranded in a remote Spanish airport (Like I was in Almeria by Ryanair), BA are more likely to look after you. I was told by Ryanair to rebook my flight online (didn't fancy standing at the back of a queue of 180 people at the Swissport desk). The next flight with availability was 3 weeks away. When I recently had a problem at Granada, BA got an an engineer from Malaga to fix the plane and laid on food, rather than cancel the service. Despite BA's recent obsession with cost cutting, on the balance of probabilities, BA are more likely to provide you with overnight accommodation than some of their LCC competitors, apart from maybe easy jet.