FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA short haul product vs. the LCCs
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:46 am
TWEED1A

Programs: BA Executive Club Bronze
BA short haul product vs. the LCCs

I've been doing some thinking about the short haul "enhancements" that BA have made over recent years.

I'm sure most people would agree that there is very little to differentiate BA's short haul product with that offered by easyJet and Ryanair, for example. Indeed, it seems to me that apart from a free drink and snack, BA offer little more than charging a premium for flying from Heathrow.

However, I'm struggling to think of how he short haul product has been "enhanced". There have been changes to the food provision, the introduction of the new short haul cabin and the optional HBO fares, but what else? If I'm not mistaken, easyJet and Ryanair also now have allocated seating and have made themselves more traveller friendly.

So is it a case of the LCCs improving or BA "enhancing away" that has made the short haul experience so similar across the board? Do any of you think that BA could make changes or proper improvements to short haul to improve the customer experience and still make a profit at the end of the day (though I do know that BA short haul isn't profit making...)?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts....

Jamie