FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR connecting to BA -- QR won't through check me or give me boarding pass
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:30 pm
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jozdemir
But you were always going to have to collect your bags in JNB and check them back in, the only advantage to having your BP is that you could use the fast bag drop (that's going by the connecting in JNB guide you posted).
I was unable to drop off my bags right after customs because they were not checked in to the final destination. They had to be dragged up two floors and across the terminal to BA's domestic check-in for new bag tags. Fortunately there were no delays so a disaster was avoided.

On a positive note, and probably as a result of asking to and speaking with a manager after checking-in (who muttered something about their inability to print connecting BA boarding passes) at the gate what I believe was the station manager produced such a boarding pass, to my relief.

And on an even more positive note, after following up with QR, they wrote:
We do agree that baggage must have been tagged up to your final destination in Cape Town and only to be cleared at first point of entry for customs clearance at Johannesburg.
They also stated that the Singapore staff has been retrained.

Absolutely excellent follow-up on their part. ^ 5-stars indeed; will definitely choose QR again.