FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx
Thread: VISA Buxx
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:54 am
MeLike2Travel

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Well, I've been doing this kind of activity for a year now, and haven't run into any problem like this at all. I do try to find a time when the ATM isn't busy. And if there's people at the ATM when I get there, I'll often sit in the car for a couple of minutes to wait. So far so good.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Centurion:
I would find it kind of odd and disturbing to be waiting in line at a atm machine as someone feeds in a card takes out $100.00 and then puts in another card and takes out another $100.00 and so on and so on and so on. Someone may also think some type of fraud is going on and take your plate down and waste the precious time of our police force as they investigate this suspicious activity.

This type of withdrawal activity would be very suspicious since it would look like a real atm fraud that actually occurred recently. The fraud involved someone skimming atm card information from a private atm machine. The thieves then made a bunch of fake cards with the data they skimmed and the FBI was literally chasing them around new york city on a holiday weekend as they emptied out atms with several cards.

If you could withdrawal, more money at one time this method may be worthwhile but with the limitations involved and the likely chance you could draw the wrong kind of attention and be wasting precious time of our law enforcement I do not like it. I do like the thought that went into this method!
</font>