FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Buxx
Thread: VISA Buxx
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:50 am
MeLike2Travel

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
1) Yes, it's treated as a purchase rather than a cash advance.

2) No, there are no restrictions that would prohibit anyone from carrying out neophyte's idea. I've been doing it for a little over a month, and did it for about 10 months with the Cit Cash Card. It works like a charm, and I'm very satisfied.

3) I don't think you need to do anything to hide your inentions. When I was doing it with Citi Cash Card, they initially froze my card b/c they suspected someone had stolen my card or there was some fraud going (lots of charges in short amount of time and constant withdrawls from ATMs). But I was very honest with them and told them exactly what I was doing. After they understood, they unfroze my account and I went on my way. With Visa Buxx, I currently have 6 cards (2 in my name, 2 in fiance's), and it's working fine. The only thing I did was I opened the cards over a 1 month period of time, versus opening them all at once. I hoped that would keep them from freezing my account and going through the process of explaining what I was doing. But nothing happened, and I'm using all 6 successfully.

4) It doesn't matter what the name on the funding credit card is. My two funding cards are both in my name, and some of the Visa Buxx cards are in my name, and some in my fiance's.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ExitRowAisle:
This discussion has caught my attention since I missed out on the Citicash offer.

1) I think it is implied in the previous discussion, but would someone confirm that a deposit on this product from a credit card is treated as a purchase rather than a cash advance?

2) I don't see any restrictions in the terms and conditions that would prohibit carrying out "neophyte's" idea. Am I missing something?

3) If I want to keep all activity at US Bank to minimize costs, are there any suggestions on how to accomplish this without drawing undue attention to my actions?

4) Does the name on the Visabuxx card have to be different than the name on the funding credit card?

Thanks for any input.
</font>