FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:23 am
geirfugl
Suspended

Originally Posted by milepig
Browsing this thread will reveal a number of hotels used by TK, some at the airport and some not. But, asking "which is best" is a bit futile, as I think you're pretty much stuck with the one they issue you.
You are NOT stuck with the one they issue you,if you are willing to pay the 10-15 TL it costs to take a taxi to the closer hotels, they will let you do that. They alocate hotels in order to fill the minibus.I ALWAYS do this,it ALWAYS works,this saves hours and costs very little,if not you can wait a long time going to the hotel,and you will have to leave the hotel abouth 3 hrs prior to your flight. If you have a nighttime layower with a morning conection,ask for the Wyndham,its realy close and nice,the Radisson is also realy close,but so and so.

BTW : Even checking in is a lot faster,since your on your own,and DO give a half decent tip to the driver,theese fares are not the ones they are dreaming abouth and I know you would not believe me if I told you the price of a taxi licence in IST !!

Last edited by geirfugl; Nov 29, 2014 at 4:32 am