FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gas explosion at Hyatt Churchill London (11/21/14)
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:36 am
AndrewC

I must say I tend to agree with the comments that the communication and re-booking process has been poorly handled here. I don't know if that's the hotel itself or Hyatt Central, but my experiences have been poor.

I'm a loyal and frequent guest at the hotel. I was booked in for a few nights in the week immediately after the explosion and then each subsequent week until Christmas.

I can understand that there was no communication immediately after the explosion, and I was told to make my own arrangements for this past week. But no communication form Hyatt about my subsequent stays? That's poor.

I cancelled my booking for this coming week and have made alternative arrangements. During the night last night I received an email from Hyatt informing me that my reservation for the week of December 8th has been cancelled. Checking the website this morning I have NOT been re-booked at the Andaz, it's just been cancelled. My reservation for week of December 15th is still showing at the Churchill.

Of course I don't blame Hyatt for the fact the hotel is closed, and I am perfectly well aware that the hotel is closed so it's not like I am going to turn up and be shocked to learn that I don't have a reservation. But I would like to feel that, as a Diamond member, Hyatt has my back and is trying to help me out during times of thin hotel availability and is willing to honour my corporate rate at the Andaz or a competitor. But so far, nada.

Not impressed.