FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do point bloggers ever stay at a bad hotel?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:04 pm
farbster

I think you can or might even should say something about a lost bag. But, it should be framed in the proper context.

The reviewer might say something like "my bag was lost and it took them 45 minutes to find it. The front desk was nice (or maybe rude?) and apologized profusely. Obviously, it was a mistake and it didn't change my opinion of the hotel"

Or something like that.

The bloggers job is to write something up that will make me want to click through on something on their blog so they can get money. I'm ok with that.

I understand that many airline lounges stink and are good for maybe a better bathroom (not shower) and a more comfortable seat. I would probably almost never schedule a super-long layover in an airport just so I could go to a lounge. My time is more valuable than that. Also, most club floors are useless to me. Do I really want to spend my evening in the lounge of a hotel when I can be out and about? Hardly.

Originally Posted by Raffles
Was happy to slate the St Regis Doha - I even had the GM post a comment!

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/10...review-photos/

However, you need to differentiate between bad things that happen to you and bad things that could happen to anyone. If a hotel loses your bag or forgets a wake up call that is not necessarily a reason to slate it in front of thousands of people, esp as peoples livelihoods are at stake.

On the other hand, if the building causes a shadow over the pool for much of the day or all the signs are falling down or views are not as advertises then you have legitimate complaints.